Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Messy Fingers

My latest page was inspired by a quote I heard in a YouTube art journalling video (sorry don't remember who from) :/
So simple but it really 'tickled my fancy' ;) I proceeded to create an art journal page keeping in mind that considering the central quote, I had permission to be more detached from the outcome and be more messy than usual. As I often do, I started with a spread of 'blotches' of left-over paint from other pages. In no particular order...( I really should try to keep track of the layers one day)....There's wrapping paper that I kept for a long time waiting to be used in a page. Loved the repetitive hearts pattern on it. I sprayed through a found object stencil (the sparse purple circles on the left), stippled white paint through sequin waste, stamped a large background stamp with black ink & stamped tiny black hearts to tie in with the wrapping paper. There's a scalloped doodle stamp at the bottom of the page spread with white dots made with my favourite Uniball Signo white gel pen.

 This page features one of my most favourite collage elements of all time. Paper flowers and circles that I did according to instruction from here http://almastoller.blogspot.com.au/2010/06/how-to-make-paper-flowers.html  They are so much fun to make! Because they are coated in gel medium they are quite plasticky and sturdy. I made a batch a few years ago, they still make me happy when I 'play' with them ;)

Until next time,
Lena :)

No comments:

Post a Comment