Thursday, January 5, 2012

Some older journal pages...

Thought I'd post a few older journal spreads until I have something current to show...

This was a fairly simple page where I made my first paper stencil (just folding a piece of paper in half and cutting out a freeform image) which I then gesso'd around. So much fun! I have to say I still love this page, it really does achieve the intended effect for me ;)

This was my first attempt at a more 'loose', graffiti-style page. It looks very timid from where I stand now but I do like the colours. I have just started an online course Doodles Unleashed with Traci Bautista through http://www.strathmoreartiststudio.com so looking forward to being more confident with paint doodling. I have been a follower of Tracy's blog for a few years and love her style. So good to see her process. I'm yet to put paint to paper. Have been enjoying the holidays too much and spending lots of decadent time on the computer (we are on summer holidays here).

My family and I are about to go on a family holiday for 11 days so I will have to wait till we come back.

Both of these pages were done in my favourite art journal, my only altered book - a hard-back fiction novel. My other journals are all spiral sketchbooks. There is something very special about this journal, can't quite put my finger on it...it's somehow cuddlier ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment